Personoids: intelligent autonomous agents
| Virtual |----->| Black |<----->personoid
| World |<-----| Board |<----->personoid
This paper describes a project of a general-purpose agent: an
agent (personoid) who adapts himself to an unknown environment.
This agent interacts with the environment and other agents
(personoids) and learn how to live in that environment.
The personoid acts as follows:
- Receive sensorial information from the outside world.
- Pre-process the sensorial information into a sensorial
- Take the sensorial matrix and evaluates the current
sensation with a pleasure/pain matrix converter and then
elaborate an action/response who decreases the pain or
increases the pleasure.
Types of reasoning used in the response elaboration:
direct reaction to stimulus, reaction to stimulus with
action plans already elaborated, forward planning,
goal oriented backward reasoning, random response.
- Learn by storing information and by processing stored
The personoid evolution arises on:
- Genetic mutation of the pleasure/pain matrix - the
personoid goals are generated after this matrix.
- Storing the information collected from the outside world.
- Storing the information collected from other personoids.
- Knowledge creation by processing the information stored.
The personoids can solve a wide range of problems. The
current problem is defined into 2 databases:
- Virtual World rules - receives the personoid requests and
send the desired information.
- Personoid rules - receive information about the virtual
world and generate a sensorial matrix.
Until now, we have been defining the personoids problems like
a community of live beings - artificial life.
Results and conclusions will be posted in the near future.
- The personoid's language is in a rudimentary level of
questions and answers. This must be improved.
- The personoid's thinking is automated; they think always
the same way. The personoid's thought must be improved;
they must choose they're own thoughts.
- We don't know what sort of group behavior emerges. We
must simulate a society of personoids.
United States of Europe
PS: Stanislaw Lem, science-fiction writer, scientist and
philosopher, invented the word _personoid_ in 1971.